Asparagus Alfredo Penne
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
This is a perfectly balanced plate.
2 cups uncooked penne pasta
1 1⁄2 cups milk, your choice
2 tsp oil
1 lb (450 g) ground chicken
1 bunch asparagus, about 16–20 spears
2 cups spinach
1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Toppings (optional): Chili Flakes & Garlic Topper, chopped sundried tomatoes
- Fill a Multipurpose Pot three-quarters full of water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Once water is boiling, add pasta and continue to boil until tender, about 10 min. Once cooked, drain noodles.
- In a bowl, whisk sauce mix with milk. Set aside.
- In Wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 5–6 min, using Ground Meat Separator to break up chunks.
- Trim and discard the tough, woody ends of the asparagus spears. Slice spears into 2" pieces.
- Add reserved seasoning mixture and asparagus to wok. Reduce heat to medium. Stir frequently, until sauce thickens and asparagus are tender crisp, 4–5 min.
- Remove from heat. Add noodles to wok. Stir to combine, until noodles are well coated with sauce. Stir in spinach and cheese, until spinach is just wilted.
- Divide between four bowls; add toppings, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 490, Fat 16 g (Saturated 6 g, Trans 0.2 g), Cholesterol 115 mg, Sodium 430 mg, Carbohydrate 49 g (Fibre 4 g, Sugars 4 g), Protein 35 g.
Elevate this dish—swap ground chicken with chicken breast pieces or shrimp.