Beef Stroganoff, the ultimate 60’s throwback comfort recipe, smothered in a creamy mushroom gravy made in an easy 20 minutes.
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup mixed greens and 1⁄2 tbsp Epicure salad dressing.
1 3⁄4 cups water
2 tbsp oil
1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef or beef strips
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
6 cups cooked egg noodles
Sea Salt, if desired
Black Pepper, if desired
- Combine seasoning with water. Set aside.
- Heat oil in Sauté Pan or large fry pan over medium-high heat. Brown beef. Remove from pan.
- Add mushrooms to pan and brown.
- Return beef and any juices to pan, then stir in reserved seasoning mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 3 min.
- Remove from heat and stir in Greek yogurt and Worcestershire sauce.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Per serving: Calories 440, Fat 14 g (Saturated 3.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 80 mg, Sodium 380 mg, Carbohydrate 48 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 3 g), Protein 28 g.