Serve with 1 cup sliced veggies and 2 tbsp Epicure Dip.
1⁄4 cup light cream cheese
1 egg, optional
2 tbsp ketchup or barbecue sauce
1 1⁄2 lbs (675 g) ground beef
6 burger buns
Toppings (optional): lettuce, grated cheddar cheese
- Stir cream cheese with fries seasoning. Divide into 6 nuggets, then place in freezer.
- Meanwhile, whisk together egg (if using), ketchup, and Burger Seasoning. Mix in beef. Wet hands to prevent sticking and form mixture into 12 skinny patties.
- Remove cheese mixture from freezer. Place a cheese nugget in the centre of each of 6 patties. Cover with remaining patties. Press each around the edges to seal, making 6 large patties.
- Grill on the barbecue over medium-high heat with lid closed for 5 minutes. Flip patties and continue grilling for 3–4 minutes.
- Toast buns, if desired. Tuck burgers into buns with additional toppings, if desired.