Taco Pasta Salad
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
This is a perfectly balanced plate.
2 cups uncooked fusilli pasta
1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
1 cup water
1 green bell pepper
1⁄2 bunch kale or 3 cups baby kale
2 cups cherry tomatoes
Toppings (optional): Sea Salt, grated cheddar, sour cream
- Fill a Multipurpose Pot three-quarters full of water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Once water is boiling, add pasta and continue to boil until tender, about 9–11 min. Once cooked, drain noodles.
- Meanwhile, in Sauté Pan, brown beef over medium-high heat. Use Ground Meat Separator to break up chunks. Stir in seasoning and water. Simmer until thickened, 4–5 min.
- Meanwhile, dice pepper and avocado. Remove stems from kale and roughly chop leaves. If tomatoes are large, slice in half.
- In a large bowl, add pasta, beef mixture, pepper, kale, and tomatoes. Stir until well combined.
- Divide between four bowls; top with avocado and additional toppings, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 470, Fat 20 g (Saturated 6 g, Trans 0.4 g), Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 105 mg, Carbohydrate 43 g (Fibre 7 g, Sugars 6 g), Protein 29 g.
This salad is delicious served right away or chilled.