Chicken Steaks with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup mashed potatoes and 2 cups leafy greens with 1 tbsp Epicure Dressing.
1 1⁄2 lbs (675 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 3
1 tbsp oil
1 3⁄4 cup water
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Thinly slice chicken by placing one hand on one breast and pressing down firmly. Then, curve fingers up slightly for safety. Carefully slice meat horizontally with knife using other hand. Repeat with remaining chicken. You should have six pieces in total.
- Heat oil in Sauté Pan over medium-high heat. Brown chicken 2 min each side and remove from pan. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in 4-Cup Prep Bowl, combine seasoning with water.
- When chicken has been removed from pan, add mushrooms to pan and cook until softened, about 4 min. Return chicken to pan and stir in seasoning mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 4 min, or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in Greek yogurt and Worcestershire sauce.
Per serving: Calories 200, Fat 6 g (Saturated 1.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 260 mg, Carbohydrate 7 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 2 g), Protein 28 g.
For a vegetarian option, swap firm, cubed tofu for chicken.