One Pot Chicken Dinner
1 whole chicken (3 lb/1.4 kg)
1 1⁄2 tbsp oil, divided
1 - 2 tbsp Roast Chicken Seasoning
1 lb (450 g) baby potatoes, cut in half
1 tbsp Oven Roast Seasoning
1 onion, peeled, cut in thin wedges
1 carrot, peeled, sliced
1 tbspVegetable Seasoning
- Rub chicken with 1⁄2 tbsp oil and Roast Chicken Seasoning and place in Multipurpose Steamer.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes with Oven Roast Seasoning and 1⁄2 tbsp oil.
- In a second bowl, combine carrots and onions with Vegetable Seasoning and 1⁄2 tbsp oil.
- Surround chicken with potatoes and vegetables. Close lid and microwave on high for 18–20 mins.
- Remove lid to crisp the top and cook for 7 minutes more or until chicken is cooked through and has reached a safe internal temperature of 165° F when instant-read thermometer is inserted into the thickest part of the thigh.
Per serving: Calories 490, Fat 28 g (Saturated 7 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 115 mg, Sodium 125 mg, Carbohydrate 25 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 2 g), Protein 31 g.
Keep bones to make a delicious broth and leftover chicken meat can be use for sandwiches, salad and soups.